But here, for your planning purposes, are the topics I plan to cover in the near future:
- A look at the various books and other items I picked up at the convention. I didn't have the time to shop around, so I didn't come home with much. What I did bring back is worth looking at.
- Black Land is a film in the CineCoup Accelerator (like the best horror movie I've seen this year, Wolfcop was last year). Black Land made the top 5 (announced as I was writing this post), so get ready to hear more about that project.
- CTRL is another independent feature I've been following. They sent me a release and my first thought was, "You had me at 'biological drones.'"
- Travis Coleman was my neighbor for a few years when we were kids. Guess what? He grew up to be a horror writer, too. He was a contestant in David Wellington's Fear Project and right now is having a .99 ebook sale (until Thursday, May 28).
- I still need to do a review of the Carpe Noctem 20 magazine. It's beautiful, to say the least.
- I've also been reading Benjamin Percy's Red Moon and The Dead Lands. When I'm done, you'll hear about it. I should also reach back to some other recent reading and talk about Neil Gaiman's Trigger Warning before the end of June comes and I get sucked into Finders Keepers, Stephen King's sequel to Mr. Mercedes. If the budget works out, I'll get a copy of The Scarlet Gospels Clive Barker, too.
- I have some other potential projects in the works that I will let you know about. I'll have a full summer of writing and hanging out with my son.